So it seems we’ve gotten a few more followers since we started Cozy Knitty Things! Welcome! And with that, why not tell you a little more about ourselves?
My name is Amy and I live with my family (the hubs, the kid, the dog) in the Chicagoland area. Suburbia, if you will. I’ve known how to knit since I was a kid, and learned how to crochet when my partner in crime, Bailey, basically bullied me into it. (Ok, fine, I wasn’t bullied, but she harassed me regularly about converting to crochet. I caved and she was right… it’s better.) We started CKT last fall after we had both been thinking about doing something like this on our own, and the rest is history!
Anyway, that’s why I’m here, but here are just some fun facts about me:
1. I’ve lived in Chicago for over 10 years now. Sometimes my husband and I wonder what it would be like to live elsewhere (we play the “would we live here?” game on vacations), but I doubt that will ever happen. We love Chicago and have roots here. It’s home.
2. I was a crazy runner at one point. I’ve completed 8 half marathons, and would like to increase that number to 10, but it’s not a focus right now. Staying healthy is, obviously, but I’ve taken a much more laid back approach as of late and am kind of enjoying it.
3. Traveling is something I wish we did more of as family. The most recent vacation my husband and I took was to Iceland and it was one of the most amazing places I’ve ever been. I tell people you could probably go 20 times and have a different experience each time.
4. Being a good plant mom is a big goal of mine. Alas, plants just don’t love me at all. It’s still very sad to think about the day I finally gave up on the ficus tree I bought a couple of years ago. But if I can’t keep a succulent alive, the idea of keeping a ficus tree alive was just silly.
5. I belong to two book clubs. It’s nerdy, but I’ve read quite a few wonderful books that I would have never discovered on my own, and have met a bunch of cool people along the way. And drank a lot of wine. Because that’s what book club should be about.
6. When it comes to yarn, one goal of mine is to start writing patterns. Blankets, specifically. I just haven’t taken that leap yet, even though I play with new stitches and combinations all the time. #oneday
So that was a little glimpse in my life, hopefully explaining some of the crazy that goes into my posts…. Nice to meet you and I look forward to hearing from you!