Hello! We’re Bailey and Amy. We like yarn stuff.
This blog is meant to be a place for us to share yarn stuff (obviously), but also share stories and have some fun in the process.
So let’s get to know each other, right?
– I’m a newbie knitter (started in 2016). I took Knitting 101 for 12-weeks straight because I loved my teacher so much. The craft brings me so much peace, and the hubs says “it has definitely calmed me down” (uh, thanks, I guess?). But seriously, he’s right.
– I’m obsessed with neutrals. Particularly black, gray, tan…but mostly black. When people see me wearing something colorful I get questioned.
– My couch is one of my favorite places to chill. I miss it when I’m not on it, and think about it at least 8 hours a day. When other people sit in my spot, it pains me. I am the female version of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.
– Knit/yarn stores are my happy place. Everywhere I visit, I have a list of shops to to check out while I’m there. I try to buy unique yarn from my fun trips so I can make something in memory of my time there….or so it can sit in my large stash bin for later.
– Pizza is my favorite, I joke that the delivery guy is my secret boyfriend – I see him more than any married 30-something with a husband who can cook should.
– My aunt taught me how to knit when I was a kid, but the hobby was dropped for about 20 years until I started back up in 2015 with the goal of upping my scarf game without the expense of actually buying scarves. I taught myself to crochet in 2017.
– Unlike Bailey, I mostly work with brighter colors. That likely has something to do with most of my current knitting/crochet being in the form of baby blankets for friends or charity.
– My husband supports my hobby because, like Bailey’s husband, he knows it calms me down after a long day of work/parenting. That said, he does give me a hard time about my “Resting Knit Face” (it looks so angry).
– I’m also an avid reader and am currently in two book clubs. However, the number of books I read has decreased substantially since I started knitting/crocheting again. It’s like a never-ending battle for my attention.
– The one celebrity I’d like to meet, more than anyone else, is Ellen.