Hello friends, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted, but there has been a lot going on these last couple months. I’ll start with the MOST exciting news – I passed the PMP Exam (Project Management Professional) early September! It was a professional milestone I was working on for ~9 months and it finally happened! You may recall my post in June about “treating myself” – that was attempt #1. It didn’t work out. It sucked. I was pretty down, disappointed, and after a week of wallowing, I was more determined than ever to get it done. Thousands of hours, practice tests, bailing on fun, and discipline I never knew I had went into round 2, and seeing this beautiful sight when clicking ‘submit’ made it all worth it:
After passing that MONSTER, I had an overwhelming sense of relief, and more time available to doing things I love – without the black PMP cloud in the back of my mind. 100% of my summer was spent with my head in the books, and it wasn’t until September 4th until my summer officially started. Below is my attempt to make up for an anti-social summer spent indoors:
1. Time with friends – I just love these peeps:
2. A weekend in NYC – Aside from stuffing my face and walking 15 miles per day, I finally visited the Lion Brand flagship store. I try to go to NYC at least 1-2 times a year since it’s a short(ish) ride from Boston. Every time I’m there, the store is closed (their hours are wack, they’re closed on Saturdays – what!?) – but this time, the stars aligned. I was in heaven, obvi – and treated myself to a Two of Wands crochet velvet sweater, which is currently in the works:
3. A weekend in Austin – GIRLS TRIP! Austin rocks. The people are nice, the food is delish, scooters are the preferred mode of transportation, and the music scene is captivating (especially after day drinking). I loved everything about it, but I mostly loved being with these girls, my friends are the best:
4. A weekend in Buffalo – I can’t get enough of the BUF. My Dad’s side of the family lives here and I go at least 3-4 times a year. Feels so good to be with family, they’re the best too:
5. A weekend apple picking! How have I lived in Boston 6 years and never done this? Between my husband and I we probably ate 10 apples each, you know..to get our money’s worth. I love all things fall and will gladly pay a premium for apples that aren’t Honey Crisp. It was also a perfect opportunity to wear my crochet cardi from OTH Crochet. I LOVE it, and want one in every color. It took ~ a week to finish, which is nothing. Check out her site for the pattern 🙂 >click here<
This week, I’m meeting my Mom in Sarasota. We meet every October for her birthday and stay on the beach for half the time, and with my Aunt and Uncle the back half. Warm weather and beach time that I never got this summer – check! Time with my fam – check!
I’m checking all the boxes that I wasn’t able to get around to this summer and it feels so good to be back.
I’m relived the test is done. I’m grateful my hard work paid off. I’m appreciative of my friends/family for being so wonderful. I’m ready to start a new season with time to focus on enjoying all the things – fall things!..and Netflix, can’t forget that.